Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
See more events.
Olympian Eddie The Eagle will be the keynote speaker at the second South Glos Expo which takes place at the Bristol Business School at the University of the West of England in June. Click below to read more...
If you haven't yet booked a stall at Thornbury Carnival, there's still time to make the most of the Earlybird deal. Discounted prices from £45 are now available up to April 30th.
Click below for more information and to reserve your place on the Mundy playing field on Saturday 7th July.
The Sharon Phillips School of Dancing has raised £4200 for CCAA- kids with Arthritis.
They performed a show called ‘A Time to Dance’, which involved 175 children performing tap, modern, contemporary and ballet, aged 3 years to 18 years old.
Over 1000 family and friends came to watch the show and the feedback has been outstanding. They wanted to bring awareness to the charity CCAA which support families and children with juvenile Arthritis. Click below to read more...
The Swan has been nominated for the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group and PubAid “Charity Fund Raising Pub of the Year” Charity Pub of The UK. We're through to the final 8 of the Pub Aid Shortlist, judged by an expert panel. The award is sponsored by Magners cider. The winners will be announced at a reception in the House of Commons - come back soon to find out if we've been successful.
Thornbury's Independent Boutique Maison & Coco is delighted to announce that their online shop is now live. There are lots more products to upload and it will continue to be a work in progress, but click below to see the choice of stylish accessories, treats and gifts...
Woolbury, the knitted recreations of key Thornbury buildings, is on display until Monday 30th April in St Mary’s Centre.
Following the display, the individual buildings will be available for sale - click below to find out more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• The region's London Marathon heroes
• Police officer's 'life changing experience' from 23st to London Marathon finish
• Lane closed on M4 near Bristol due to debris on the motorway
• Alarming research highlights need for better tyre maintenance
• 'Thornbunnies' trail return a success for Thornbury businesses
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Corbyn anti-Semitism meeting 'disappointing', Jewish leaders say
• Alfie Evans parents to appeal against Italy travel ban ruling
• Trump and Macron hint at new Iran nuclear deal
• Trump and Macron's most touching moments
• Man critical after Anfield attack before Liverpool-Roma clash
• more UK & world news