St. James' Church dates back to 1170, the first Rector was Robert of Wych from 1275 to 1309, then in the Worcester Diocese. The church is the focal point of the village, set at the cross roads, opposite the village pub, village green and playground. The building itself has changed very little since it was first built, except for The Chancel being shorted by ten feet in 1779 as it was in such a poor state of repair! That is not the case now and it is well cared for with a good organ and a very enthusiastic team of Bellringers.
Duck Street, Tytherington GL12 8QB