We are a group of like-minded residents, with no political agenda, formed to voice and act on the widespread concerns expressed by many Thornbury residents about the scale of development proposed for the Town.
The main objectives of the Group are:
1. To create community awareness of the potential housing development scenarios in Thornbury, and the process for the community to have their say.
2. To provide a platform for the feedback of local views to those involved in the planning decisions.
3. To campaign for sufficient breathing space and visibility of the process to allow for more thorough local scrutiny.
4. To ensure that appropriate infrastructure improvements are built in to each approved planning application.
5. To monitor Section 106 Agreements and ensure that all funding generated, including Community Infrastructure Levy, is allocated in an appropriate way by South Gloucestershire Council with full transparency and disclosure.