Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
See more events.
Wendy and Graham Pownall have taken ownership of Butties Sandwich Bar on Oakleaze Road. They are really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know your favourites. Click below to check out their opening offers.
Thornbury Christmas Lights Association are pleased to announce that the charity beneficiary of the Christmas Lights switch-on event for 2017 will be the Great Western Air Ambulance charity.
This year the switch on event will take place on Tuesday 21st November with the celebrity switching on the display outside of Nat West bank.
With autumn upon us and winter around the corner you may be dreading the return of long, dark evenings and cold, miserable days. If you are looking for something to occupy your time and keep you in touch we may be able to help. Thornbury Volunteer Centre helps people find something worthwhile to do in their local community whilst having fun and making friends.
The media has been full of the Royal Navy's newest addition to the fleet, HMS Queen Elizabeth. However, more locally TS Battleaxe (Thornbury Sea Cadets) has recently taken delivery of a new addition to their fleet, TS Hydro. Admittedly, at 5.5 metres their new Trinity 500 rowing boat is not as large as the new aircraft carrier. Click below to read more...
Thornbury's much loved Christmas Food and Gift Fair makes a welcome return on Saturday 9th December. There will be one or two changes to the setup, primarily parking for stallholders, because there is no access to the usual spot as building is now in progress.
If you would like to book a stall, please email Penny Skinner below.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: September 1977 to September 1987
• New £150,000 classroom in Thornbury primary school will 'make a difference'
• Schools in Thornbury and Alveston to feature in BBC Two documentary on school life
• Firefighters called in after Slim the horse gets stuck in a horsebox in Tytherington
• Oldbury-on-Severn man jailed for two-and-a-half years for molesting girl, nine, while she slept
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Six injured in east London 'acid attack'
• Trump NFL row: Sports stars round on US president
• Corrie Mckeague: Missing airman's mum to walk his final steps
• Meghan Markle attends as Prince Harry launches Invictus Games
• Rubens' Duke of Buckingham 'found' after 400 years
• more UK & world news