Parentalk - The Teenage Years: Staying connected
Thornbury Baptist Church
Parentalk - The Teenage Years FREE course is running again for 9 x sessions. This time it is fortnightly on a Wednesday evening 7.30 - 9.30pm at the Thornbury Baptist Church Lower Room.
We started on Wed 24th January and run to the end of May. Do email us a.s.a.p. if you would like a place.
1. Wed 24th Jan - Understanding your teenager
2. Wed 7th Feb - Staying connected
3. Wed 21st Feb - Supporting teenagers with issues around safe sex, healthy relationships and consent Helen Webb - The Willow Tree Trust
4. Wed 7th March - Identity
5. Wed 21st March - Communication & Conflict
6. Wed 11th April - Big Pressures and Wise Choices
7. Wed 25th April - Sam Drew - Drugs and Alcohol Team South Gloucs
8. Wed 9th May - Managing Internet and Social Media in the home with teenagers : Malcolm Gaywood
9. Wed 23rd May - Letting go - Preparing for the Empty Nest and preparing Teenagers for the wider world
Come along to whichever ones you can. We also have a social evening at the Pub for parents on the course to get to know each other.
Comments from the last course:
- The Course was encouraging and re affirming. Good to hear common experience
- Useful, practical, honest
- I'd recommend the course because we now realise others struggle too
- The sessions are helpful in a friendly, supportive way and help you think about how you might deal with situations away from the heat and pressure of those situations
- Because there are good advice and tips I'd do it again
- It is helpful to know it is not just you having issues
- I find the sessions really helpful. You can look at things differently with other people's experiences.
- Very informative
- Great to be able to support each other through teenage years and because the leaders are great.